Clean Fuels Alliance America, in partnership with Trinity Consultants, conducted a landmark study that revealed mounting evidence that show biodiesel and Bioheat® fuel can improve the health of Americans. Research shows that increasing biodiesel blends in Bioheat® fuel to eventually reach B100 (pure 100% biodiesel) can have positive impacts on both the environment and our health.
What This Means for You
Research shows transitioning to biodiesel and Bioheat® fuel will give us cleaner air and many significant public health benefits, but how can it improve your day-to-day life?
- Reduce long-term health risks for you and loved ones, like cancer and premature death
- Save on doctor visits and hospital bills for related illnesses
- Fewer sick days, so you can save up your vacation time
Research Shows Bioheat® Fuel Is Better, Cleaner & Safer for Our Health
The study on biodiesel and community health was conducted in 13 sites and communities in the US that are regularly exposed to high rates of petroleum diesel pollution. Key findings include:
- Switching to 100% biodiesel in the home heating oil and transportation sectors would:
- Prevent 340 premature deaths annually
- Result in 46,000 fewer sick days
- In the transportation sector, benefits included a potential 45% reduction in cancer risk when heavy-duty trucks such as semis use B100 and 203,000 fewer or lessened asthma attacks.
- When Bioheat® fuel made from 100% biodiesel is used in place of petroleum heating oil, the study found an 86% reduced cancer risk and 17,000 fewer lung problems.
More Details about the Health Benefits of Biodiesel & Bioheat® Fuel
“We have always known that biodiesel offers a better and cleaner alternative to petroleum diesel,” Clean Fuels Alliance America CEO Donnell Rehagen said. “This study quantifies the health benefits and shows that by using renewable fuels like biodiesel and renewable diesel, we are bringing positive change to people’s lives, the nation’s health and the economy.”
National Study Results
If you’d like to read the full summary of the study or see results for individual studies conducted in 13 communities in the U.S., click here.
Source: The Clean Fuels Alliance America & Trinity Consultants Study
Looking for Bioheat® fuel in your area?
Get started with a quick Internet search, including your town name, county, and state—more and more providers are delivering Bioheat® fuel now. If you can’t find a provider near you, contact your state energy association listed below.
Tell Legislators That You Want a Choice
Some climate policies are pushing to switch to all-electric energy to reduce carbon emissions, but at what cost to you? Tell your legislators that you want to keep your choice to use a renewable fuel that is affordable, low carbon, and doesn’t require equipment conversions.
Are You a Fuel Provider?
If you’re a heating oil dealer interested in becoming a Bioheat® fuel provider, we can help. Please fill out the adjacent contact form, and a member of our Bioheat supply team will contact you as soon as possible.